Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Questionnaire for SP5

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm a little bit of a yarn snob. I love something with some natural content. I have no real love for fluffy yarns, or novelty stuff.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I'm mildly allergic to cigarette smoke and Toner Dust!


4. How long have you been knitting?
ARGH since I was about 6 I think. We did it in Primary School.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup, tho the better and more organised list is probably here: Organised Wish List, all the craft wishes are sitting there looking at me! There is also a amazon wishlist here if that doesn't work try searching for wyvern-friend or wyvernfriend 8)

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavender, Pettitgrain, fresh scents like Green Tea and Kenzo's Eau D'Ete.


7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yup, preferring white chocolate over milk or dark, and my chocolate lasts!


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I mostly do Cross-stitch and needlepoint but I also dabble in Candlemaking, Calligraphy, Latch-Hook, beading and whatever else takes my fancy.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My pretty little vaio plays MP3's. I'm an Enya/Eurythmics/classical/80's gal.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Favourite colour is Purple, I love browns too. I don't like neons and very bright colours.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married. I have housemates.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To move to Galway, write a few bestsellers, live to retire.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Cottons. I love the look of cotton. In the winter I love wool. I also love silk but find it impossible to buy in this country and have problems buying yarns I can't feel.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Scratchy anything, fru-fru yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
trying to make that perfect cardigain. I will succeed!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Cardaigans, summer tops, jumpers

17. What are you knitting right now?
A cardaigan and a stole, I think there are a few abandoned items hanging around as well!

18. What do you think about ponchos?
knit one, thats as many as I need.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straight actually, except when I run out of space!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
In that order, preferably bamboo tho.


21. Are you a sock knitter?
Not really but I have a few balls around somewhere that are begging to be made into socks.

22. How did you learn to knit?
School. I think we started on simple teddies. I remember a pair of maroon socks at one stage that got eaten by mice, and a pink jumper that was just the right size and I grew out of it before the year was up. I was disgusted because I put a fair amount of effort into it and had wanted to make it a size bigger but the teacher refused me permission.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
There's a patchwork thing somewhere in my parent's house that's about 15 years old.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love Dragons. I also like felines, particularly leopards and panthers.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
June Bank Holiday usually, I take some time out about then and it's around my birthday.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Dragons

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits, Simply Knitting (this one: The UK version) and Knitting the UK Version

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
More Elizabeth Zimmermann and Barbara J Walker. All listed on my wish list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home